OAS Release of Information
OAKVILLE ARTS STUDIO INC. AUTHORIZATION FOR PROMOTIONAL USE OF STUDENT PHOTOS/WORK/ACTIVITIES
In accordance with the freedom of information and protection of Privacy Act, the Oakville Arts Studio is asking Parents/Guardians for written authorization regarding the use of student work, photographs, video, and other communication methods in a variety of promotional uses.
During the school year, the normal practice of the OAS is to publicize many of the positive things that occur in OAS. Your child may be involved in an activity where photographs or video may be taken for future use in workshops, exhibitions and or Social Media coverage.
These events include:
- Displaying student’s work through activities such as exhibitions, bulletin board displays multimedia work, websites and newsletters.
- Announcing Birthdays or Special events.
- Video of classroom activities, exhibitions, and special events.
- From time to time, photographing students and sharing with the media to publicize OAS activities.
- Use of photographs for school and Social Media promotion. It is the practice of the OAS not to identify students in photographs by name.
- Using photographs, names and anecdotes in displays and publications such as catalogues, brochures, etc.
- Posting list of names only inside the OAS to inform students and parents of activities.
- Other publicity initiatives as may be required for OAS promotion.